Thursday, January 27, 2011

Ready for spring

OK, so I'm a wimp.  We had anywhere from 4 - 10 inches of snow in our area yesterday.  I was prepared to stay at work, but wasn't needed there last night, so decided to come home.  Unfortunately, I waited until almost 5:00 to leave, right at the height of the storm.  Luckily, I was in the truck with 4 wheel drive.  I never would have tried it in my Miata.  The roads had been plowed and treated with chemicals at some point, but were in terrible shape.  I drove at around 25 mph into town - a trip that usually takes 20 minutes, took closer to an hour.  The road had one vague track to it.  With one of the main thoroughfares that bad, I decided not to even try the smaller country road coming out to our house.  Deciding that discretion is the better part of valor, I checked into a hotel in town, then called DH to tell him that I was staying in town.

I did have my quilt that just needs the binding stitched on the back with me, and managed to finish one side last night.  So that was a good outcome.   The roads were drivable this morning, and it warmed up enough to have mostly bare pavement by tonight.  We're supposed to have snow again next week - I'm ready for spring!

No comments: