Saturday, December 31, 2011

Year-end wrap-up

Well, life took an unexpected turn mid-year, and I haven't done as much quilting (or dancing) as I had originally planned.  But with all that - it's very rewarding (if exhausting) to have my daughter and grandchildren with us.  Children add just joy to life!

Taking stock of the year.
I added to my fabric stash - and that's while I was much more aware of what I was buying.  I guess I must have been accumulating at a much higher rate before I started tracking last year.  But I'm OK, because I used a significant amount, as well. 

I finished 20 projects this year (I have one more at the hand-stitching the binding on the back stage, but don't expect to finish that this evening).  Of those, 11 were UFOs.  I added a few new projects, many of which were actually finished, and some (3) will carry over to next year's UFO list.  I still need to decide on my top-12 to sign up for Judy's UFO challenge.  I think I'll put mostly tops that still need quilting - those are the closest to finished.

All in all, I'm satisfied with where I am with my quilting projects.  I finish some, and I start some, and enjoy what I do.  One goal for 2012 will be to spend time in the sewing room more regularly.   That will help me de-stress and get more accomplished.

No comments: