Sunday, May 15, 2016

Stash Report - 15 May 2016

A little added and some used this week.  "Out" is backing and binding for the tumbler quilt.  This one is now finished.  In was a couple of FQs just because.  They'll get cut today to add to the tumblers and strips.

I started Growing Up Odd from weddingdressblue yesterday.  I've been cutting 2" strips as I was cutting for the Film at Five quilt.  Those all got cut into 2" squares yesterday, and I've started piecing.  I'm planning to make this as a baby quilt or throw size quilt.  

Numbers for the week:
In this week:                                      0.5 yds
Out this week:                                   4.04 yds

In YTD:                                           16.79 yds
Out YTD:                                        51.69 yds
Net for 2016:                                   34.90 yds USED

I think this is the earliest I've actually used over 50 yds.  So far this year, I've finished 4 UFOs and finished 4 new quilts.  

Linking with Judy at PatchworkTimes.

Sunday, May 8, 2016

Stash Report - 8 May 2016

It's been almost a month since my last stash report.  It looks like this is becoming a pattern.

Since my last report, i've finished two quilt tops.  The first is a tumbler quilt - baby quilt size.  The second is Film at Five from the Wedding Dress Blue blog.  I like a lot of the tutorials from this blog, and will probably start Growing Up Odd next.  I've been cutting 1 1/2" strips from fat quarters as I cut the 2 1/2: strips for Film at Five.  I've also been cutting tumblers as I had the fat quarters out.

I did add fat quarters on a couple of trips during this month, as well - they've all been going into the strips and tumblers.

This afternoon, I'm aiming for piecing a back for the tumblers quilt and getting that loaded.

Added since last report:           3.5 yds
Used since last report:              8.2 yds

Added YTD:                           16.29 yds
Used YTD:                              47.65 yds
Net for 2016:                           31.35 yds USED

I'm liking where I'm going for the year.  I'm buying to freshen things up, but am using both what I buy and from stash.  I'm doing a better job of getting tops quilted as I make them, and I'm ending up with finished quilts.

I'm linking with Judy at Patchwork Times - go see how everyone else is doing with their stash.

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Stash Report - 10 April 2016

It's been about a month since my last stash report.  In that time, I've made another quilt top - throw size.  This one is also from a Kim Brackett book - the quilt is Summer Daze.  Instead of the 30's fabrics she used in the sample quilt, I've used blues and greens.  As soon as I finished piecing this one, I made a backing and got it loaded on the longarm - and it's sitting there still.  Yesterday I got thread for quilting, so that will be today's project.

Other than that, not much sewing going on.  I took my Babylock Unity in for a routine service a week and a half ago, and it's not ready yet.  I thought I was being smart - taking it in before the day she does service work, to be gone while we were out of town, but alas, she didn't get to it.  And no call after this week's service day, either.  I could pull out the Featherweight if I really needed to stitch something, I suppose.

Friday I stopped and bought a few FQs of novelties to add to the tumbler quilt I'm making, and when I went in for thready yesterday, I added a few more.  Yesterday morning, I started cutting those, will count that out when I get them all cut - probably later today.

In this week:                    3.5 yards
Out this week:                  0    yards
In since last report:          3.5 yards
Out since last report:       6.69 yards

In YTD:                          12.79 yards
Out YTD:                        39.44 yards
Net for 2016:                   26.65 yards Used

Check with Judy at Patchwork Times to see how everyone else is doing so far this year.