Judy L. at Patchwork Times is having a UFO Challenge for 2011. You list 12 projects you want to finish. On the first day of each month, she will pick a number from 1-12. That is the project you work on for that month.
My list is:
1. Judy Martin Swap Blocks - finish assembling, borders, quilt, bind
2. Mittens - borders, quilt, bind
3. QOV mystery - borders, quilt, bind
4. Mexican Star - borders, quilt, bind
5. SVQG Round Robin - quilt, bind
6. TQP Challenge - quilt, bind
7. NYE 07 mystery - quilt, bind
8. SITP - decide if it needs to be bigger, (more blocks?), assemble, quilt, bind
9. Quilt Bug 2008 Mystery - quilt, bind
10. Fall tablerunner - borders, quilt, bind
11. Sunbonnet Sue - quilt, bind
12. Christmas stars blocks - setting, borders, quilt, bind
Are you seeing a pattern here? Lots of things get held up at the "needing borders" stage. And I have a lot of quilting to do. Next week leading up to Christmas is going to be busy with family, but the week after Christmas is vacation - and I plan to spend some time in my sewing room. It would be good to get some of the backings and binding ready for all the quilts I'm going to try to get quilted next year.
Saturday, December 18, 2010
Sunday, December 12, 2010
We do a Secret Santa at work. For about a 2-week period, we leave little gifts for our secret partner, and then have a party at the end with our main gift, and revealing the Secret Santas. Our party is going to be next Friday, and I already finished my final gift! I really like this little guy. It's wool applique, with hand button-hole stitch. Machine quilted. This little quilt finished about 8 x 15 inches.