Saturday, December 18, 2010

Judy's 2011 UFO Challenge

Judy L. at Patchwork Times is having a UFO Challenge for 2011.  You list 12 projects you want to finish.  On the first day of each month, she will pick a number from 1-12.  That is the project you work on for that month.

My list is:
1. Judy Martin Swap Blocks - finish assembling, borders, quilt, bind
2. Mittens - borders, quilt, bind
3. QOV mystery - borders, quilt, bind
4. Mexican Star - borders, quilt, bind
5. SVQG Round Robin - quilt, bind
6. TQP Challenge - quilt, bind
7. NYE 07 mystery - quilt, bind
8. SITP - decide if it needs to be bigger, (more blocks?), assemble, quilt, bind
9. Quilt Bug 2008 Mystery - quilt, bind
10. Fall tablerunner - borders, quilt, bind
11. Sunbonnet Sue - quilt, bind
12. Christmas stars blocks - setting, borders, quilt, bind

Are you seeing a pattern here?  Lots of things get held up at the "needing borders" stage.  And I have a lot of quilting to do.  Next week leading up to Christmas is going to be busy with family, but the week after Christmas is vacation - and I plan to spend some time in my sewing room.  It would be good to get some of the backings and binding ready for all the quilts I'm going to try to get quilted next year.

4 comments:

Judy Laquidara said...

Yep, lots of borders, quilting and binding but think how many projects you'll have finished by this time next year. Thanks for joining the challenge!

Angie in SoCal said...

Oh, I've always wanted to make a Mexican star, but I haven't started that ufo yet - LOL.
Look forward to seeing yours,

Alycia said...

Oh and I see all the binding you will have to do... ugh! But won't they be fun to have finished?

Connie said...

I don't actually mind binding. It's my evening or in-the-car project. I like having something to bind when we're on trips.