Saturday, March 12, 2011

A good day

I finally got home from Pennsylvania around noon today.  On the way back, I stopped at a new-to-me quilt shop - Shenandoah Sew n Vac in Woodstock.  It was small, but had some nice fabrics.  I resisted getting any.  I also stopped at Patchwork Plus as I got home, thinking I'd like to get a jelly roll to have a head start on making something else out of the Scrap Basket books, but then decided I really didn't need to buy anything there, either.

Cindy Carter is running a mystery quilt this weekend, so I decided I'd make that one.  The scrappy version uses lots of 5" squares, plus a background fabric.  I pulled a white-on-white from the stash as background, and a bunch of red, yellow and orange nickels from the drawer.  This is going to be one bright quilt.  Right now, the mystery is through clue 3, and I'm caught up.  I'm making the baby/lap size. 

In between steps, I've been working on my Judy Martin swap blocks UFO - #1 on my list.  It was to the point of needing the long horizontal sashing.  That's never one of my favorite parts of a quilt, but I've got it all put together now.  I'm trying to decide if it needs an outside border or not.  It's currently about 93 inches square. 

While I sewed this afternoon, I listed to the JMU women's basketball team beat VCU to advance to the finals of the CAA tournament.  I could have watched the game on TV, but prefer to listen to David.  Way to go, Dukes!  Listening to the finals will keep me company while I do some sewing tomorrow, as well.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Love to see some pictures of the mystery quilt progress