Sunday, April 17, 2011

stash report - week 16, 17 April 2011

Very little sewing was done this week.  I finished a set of swap blocks and got those in the mail yesterday.  Yesterday also included a trip to the LQS so that I could get some thread for quilting my #1 UFO.  While I was there, I picked up 1/2 yard of a brown tone-on-tone that I need for a swap that is due in August. 

Numbers:
In this week:         0.5 yds
In YTD:            16.53 yds

Out this week:          0 yds
Out YTD:          22.96 yds

Net for 2011:       6.43 yds reduced stash  so I'm still ahead, even though I've added more than I've used over the last month.

UFO challenge - in March, I put together my #1 UFO so that it is now a flimsy ready for quilting.  That MAY get loaded on the longarm today - I've got backing and batting that will work for it in the stash.  I also pulled out April's UFO #4 yesterday - it's a hand-pieced Mexican star in pink and brown.  This one was a swap when I was in high school - a few people included the date in their signatures - 1974!!  It has no borders, and is about 67 x  84 as it is.  I may just quilt it without borders, but have it draped out to look at and decide on.

Pop on over to Judy's to see how everyone else is coming with their stash this week.

2 comments:

Gwen said...

Good Report! Brown TNT=Cupcakes?
Got some last weekend too! LOL!

Connie said...

Yep - brown TNT is for cupcakes. I have other colors for the tops, but thought I needed brown. Probably could have found at least some in the stash, but easier to just buy some....