Sunday, April 24, 2011

Stash report - week 17, 24 April 2011

I've done some sewing since last week.  On Sunday afternoon, I quilted my Judy Martin swap quilt - all queen size of it.  I always have to hem and haw about how to quilt a top.  I decided on an overall leaf meander.  I used King Tut thread top and bottom - I love the way it turned out.  Then I went out of town for most of the week, and didn't do any more sewing until Saturday.  I made binding and put it on the Judy Martin swap quilt (UFO #1).

While I was out of town, I stopped at a new-to-me quilt shop and bought a brown with pink flowers, and a brown/pink print to use for borders for my #4 UFO - a Mexican Cross quilt.  I pulled that out on Saturday after getting the binding onto UFO #1, and the pinks just didn't work.  I was able to find a pink in the stash that would work, and looked fine with the brown-with-pink-flowers, so I've got the borders all as one long set of brown-pink-brown.  I still need to press the top and then get the borders cut and attached.  I'm going to put 9-patches in the corners.  I think it will mirror the middle of the Mexican Cross blocks.

No quilting today - we're going to DMIL's for Easter services and lunch.  

So, some in, some out this week.

Added this week:             4      yds
Added YTD:                  20.53 yds

Used this week:               4.46 yds
Used YTD:                    27.67 yds

Net for 2011:                   7.14 yds USED

Check in with Judy at Patchwork Times to see how everyone else is doing this week.

No comments: