Sunday, May 15, 2011

Stash report - week 20, 15 May 2011

Another busy week.  I have done some quilting/sewing this weekend, but most was on already-counted fabric.  I spent yesterday afternoon working on the quilting for my #4 UFO - the Mexican Cross.  I am at the point that I need to put the extended plate on the machine so I can do continuous curve quilting in the 9-patch sections of the blocks, then get out the seam ripper to fix the feather sections with poor tension.  Also still need to so the borders.  Those now look rippled because the batting is fluffy and the center of the quilt is quilted.  I should have done the stay - stitching on the very edges first on all the sides, but I just stay-stitched the inside of the border. 

Today, I made a dance shoe bag for DH.  I even monogrammed it with a "dance shoes" alphabet - the letters have footprints and directions, like the Arthur Murray instructions.  That's my total fabric use for the week.

Numbers:
In this week:         0      yds
Out this week:      0.43 yds

In YTD:              24.53 yds
Out YTD:           31.95 yds

Net for 2011:        7.42 yds stash used.

Check with Judy at Patchwork Times to see how everyone else is doing this week.

1 comment:

rubyslipperz1052 said...

I would luv see pictures! =D
I'm excited to start reporting my stash numbers!

hugZ,
annie
rubyslipperz106.blogspot