Sunday, March 18, 2012

Stash report - week 12 - 18 March 2012

This report covers the last two weeks, since I didn't do a report last week.  I've actually used something each of the last 2 weeks.  First making binding, and yesterday, cutting out a new quilt.  I pulled dark blue and tan strips and FQs for the star quilt in Kim Brackett's Scrap Basket Surprises book.  The pieces are now all stacked in a box ready for sewing.

Still no fabric purchases.  I avoided temptation by skipping the annual auction at yesterday's guild meeting.  I did go by Patchwork Plus and get a new cutting mat for my new cutting table.  I like my new table - a kitchen island unit.  I have rulers hanging from the "pot hooks" on the sides.  And the drawer is great for being able to keep the scissors and rotary cutters out of the way.  I spent time yesterday putting away some of the "stuff" that had been under my old cutting table so that I could clear off the ironing board.  I still need a couple of baskets or something for the shelves to hold embroidery stabilizers.

Numbers for the last two weeks:

Used last 2 weeks:            4.11 yds
Added last 2 weeks:         0      yds
Used YTD:                     14.73 yds
Added YTD:                     0      yds
Net for 2012:                  14.73 yds busted

Check with Judy at Patchwork Times to see how everyone else is doing this week.

1 comment:

Dar said...

Great numbers. Also, could you show us a picture of your new cutting table and how your outfitted it? I'm always looking for ways to improve my cutting area. Thanks for sharing.