Sunday, June 17, 2012

Stash Report - 17 June 2012

It's been a good week for sewing.  Last Sunday, I made a trip to Charlottesville to Cottonwood Quilt Shop to get some dies for my GO.  I had picked out a pattern I wanted to make, and I knew the right dies were available to cut it.  Between Cottonwood, and JoAnn's, I was able to get all the dies I needed.   I even lucked into a sale at JoAnn's, where the dies were 25% off - I bought all the geometric ones they had, plus one for applique flowers.
Between the two places, I bought 10 dies, I think.

The quilt I'm making is Going My Way from the book "It's a Dog's Life" by Miss Rosie's Quilt Company.  

I came home and started cutting my collection of 30's color plaids and some Kona white from my stash.  I got the quilt all cut and started piecing flying geese.   I worked on piecing a little bit a couple of mornings before work.  And I took Thursday afternoon as vacation time.  While I was putting blocks together, I was trying to just pick up random colors of geese.  Then as I put together the columns of geese and their setting triangles, I also just picked up random pieces.  As I created each column, I sewed it to the previous sets, so I created the whole top as I went - I don't usually do that.  Ordinarily, I would make all the columns and lay them out, then put all the columns together.  I liked how quickly everything seemed to get done by sewing the columns as I went.  The top is all together now.  It just needs borders.  That may be this evening's project, depending on what we do for Father's Day.

The Numbers:

Used this week:          5.63  yds
Used YTD:                26.67 yds

Added this week:         0      yds
Added YTD:                0      yds

Net for 2012:              26.67 yds OUT

Check in with Judy at Patchwork Times to see how everyone else is doing this week.

3 comments:

Angie in SoCal said...

Great numbers. SOunds like you're on a roll.

Dar said...

Can't wait to see what you created so quickly with your GO. I'll be watching your design wall on Monday.
Good stash numbers.

Joanne said...

Zero added for the year! Congratulations, especially if you are trying for a "no buy" year.