Sunday, November 22, 2009

Bread

We're having Thanksgiving dinner with my sister-in-law. She has hosted for Thanksgiving for several years now. I'm taking the bread, so I baked my rolls today. I have a wonderful recipe for brown-and-serve rolls - it's from an old Fleishman's recipe book. This makes 4 dozen rolls, so there are always plenty.

Some in-progress pictures.
I mixed up and kneaded the dough, then DH and I went in town for breakfast. When we returned, my dough was ready:


I got them all shaped, and let them rise again. These are then baked in a slow oven just until they start to turn color, and can be kept in the refrigerator for a week or more. Brown in a hot oven before serving, and you have hot bread with your meal. Four dozen rolls ready for taking to Thanksgiving dinner. Yum! And one of the best parts is that the kitchen smelled like baking bread.



I'm also looking for some other interesting bread recipes to take a variety. Maybe something whole-wheat? That will wait for later in the week.

No comments: