Sunday, November 8, 2009

I need to be more careful

Yesterday was a good day. We picked up DH's motorcycle from its service appointment. On the way home, I went to That Little Quilt Shop in Madison to do some shopping for my Secret Santa and Flat Santa swaps. Then I stopped at the Farmer's Market. I got some tea towels to be further embellished with applique or embroidery for Christmas gifts. I also bought a pizza peel, I needed that for the artisan bread I want to bake. Stopped at the grocery store to get salad fixings for the carry-in supper we planned to attend. Then managed to cut my thumb with the paring knife while I was slicing green pepper. A trip to the emergency room later, we had missed the party, but my thumb is glued closed. I know better than to get distracted while I'm using sharp knives, but....

Today is supposed to be beautiful. DH is contemplating a motorcycle ride. I have about a week's worth of things I'd like to do today.
To do:
clean up the kitchen
clean out the refrigerator
start reorganizing the kitchen cabinets
shopping trip - container for bread dough, gift shopping
mix up a batch of artisan bread dough
make up some crocheted snowflake Christmas ornaments for the tree
work on my Shakespeare in the Park - finish cutting the pieces; decide whether or not to increase to queen size
work on my sock (I haven't knit a stitch all week.)
laundry

I'll just start at the top and work my way down, and see how far I get.

No comments: