Sunday, January 2, 2011

Stash Report - 2 Jan 2011 - wk 1

The first week of 2011, and I have some stashbusting to report.  Used yardage is for the backing for the Quilt Bug New Year's Mystery from 2008.  I finally got that loaded on the longarm.  Quilting is not quite done yet, but I count my yardage as I use it. 
Editing my original post - I forgot to add in the backing fabric my mom gave me for  Christmas yesterday.

In this week:           0 yds
Out this week:      4.4 yds
In YTD:                  8 yds
Out YTD:             4.4 yds
Net for 2011:        3.6 yds

I don't plan to NOT buy fabric this year, but I am going to make an effort to use the fabric I already have - I liked it when I bought it, so I ought to use it!

6 comments:

Charlene S said...

Ah, but the lighting is different at home so fabric loved at the fabric store isn't as adorable at home.

Tamera said...

I like your philosophy..."I liked it when I bought it, so I ought to use it!"

Kathie said...

The fabrics I am not in love with anymore find their way into backings so it all works.

Karen (Misiz C) said...

Gotta love making backs for busting stash! Great start!

Alycia said...

Wait - it counts when your Mom gives you stuff??

Katie Z. said...

Good plan.