Sunday, February 20, 2011

Stash report - week 8, February 20

I got some sewing time yesterday, and made progress on my #10 - the fall tablerunner.  I hope to have that finished today.  Yesterday I got it quilted and made and applied the binding.  It's ready to have the binding hand sewn on the back, which I plan to work on during the road trip to Delaware for the women's basketball game.

Once I got the tablerunner to the point I wanted it, I put borders on my Johnny Jump Ups top I started last weekend.  I also made and loaded a backing for it, and picked up batting and quilting thread in a pretty yellow King Tut.  I think I'm going to do a meander with butterflies for the quilting.

The 2 yds in were a purple crocus print intended as a border for the Johnny Jump Ups, but I decided not to use it for that, and instead used stash.  The purple crocuses ended up on the back of Johnny Jump Ups, along with some green from the stash.

Since the borders, most of the backings and bindings were all from stash, I made a nice dent in my stash report for the week:

In this week:                    2 yds
Used this week:              7.25 yds

In YTD:                          11 yds
Used YTD:                     19.92 yds

Net for 2011:                   8.92 yds OUT

2 comments:

Michele said...

Way to go!!

(I liked how on Judy's Mr. Linky site me "in MD" followed you "in VA" - neighbors!)

Marti said...

You're ahead for the week and the year. Good for you!