Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012 wrap-up stash report

I didn't post on Sunday for the normal stash report, so I'm doing a wrap-up today instead.
I had started some embroidered placemats to be used for Christmas the weekend before we left for the beach, but my machine died in the middle of placemat #4.  Some on-line research suggests that the internal power supply died.  I'm on the service list at Joann's in Charlottesville to get it fixed, but will likely not hear from them to bring it in until late January - or maybe even late February.  Yesterday, I pulled out the Featherweight my mom gave me for Christmas several years ago and got that oiled and greased.  It's sewing like a charm, so I'll use that until my other machine is fixed.  So I resisted the temptation to trade in the Viking on a new model.

No new sewing for me for quite a while, but I plan to change that today.

My totals for 2012:

Used:  38.77 yds
In:         0      yds
Net for 2012:  38.77 yds OUT.

I went the whole year without bringing a single piece of fabric into the house - whether purchased or gifted, or....
I don't plan to go totally no-buy in 2013.  I need a backing for my Going My Way quilt, and I'd like a plaid.  But going for a whole year without buying any fabric has made me look at stashing in a whole new way.   I walk through a quilt shop and admire the fabric, then think about when I'll have a chance to use it, and decide that it can just wait there; I can save the money I would spend on that for something else. 




No comments: