Sunday, January 20, 2013

Stash Report - 20 January 2013

I had my first fabric purchases in over a year yesterday. 
I was working on the Lifesavers swap blocks, and didn't find many batiks in my FQ drawers.  I'm sure I have more in there somewhere, but couldn't find more than 6.  So, since i need to make a minimum of 10 blocks, and max of 35, I decided I needed some more batiks.  At Patchwork Plus, I got 10 batik FQs, and found 2 light batiks on the clearance rack, so got 1/2 yd each of those.  While I was perusing the clearance area, I found a kid's print of a town, with airport, roads, stores, etc.  I got 3 yds of that to use for backings for kid's quilts - it's fun to have a pieced quilt on the front, and then they can turn it over and play with their cars on the back.

SO, my numbers for this week:

In this week:                     6.5 yds
In YTD:                            6.5 yds

Used this week:                 0.21 yds
Used YTD:                        0.68 yds

Net for 2013:                    5.82 yds ADDED


Today, I've cut the 10 batik FQs for my swap blocks, so that will be 2.5 yds out next week, and I still need to cut more Kona black, so I'll get close to even for next week.

Check with Judy at Patchwork Times to see how everyone else is doing with their stash this week.

2 comments:

DeeDee said...

You have done exceptionally well if you haven't bought any fabric for over a year!!!! I think Batiks are really beautiful. Your road fabric sounds like a great backing.

Hilachas said...

Hey, you're doing great if you haven't bought any fabric in over a year. WTG!