Sunday, June 26, 2011

Stash report - week 26, 26 June 2011

It's been an interesting week.  Monday had a little sewing - I pulled out the mini Storm at Sea quilt I got as a kit last year on the trip to Indianapolis.  All of the blocks were made, so I started setting them together.  I also did the last-minute errands to get ready for the trip to the zoo with DD and the grandchildren.   Tuesday was the zoo trip.  It was great - even the 1-year-old was fascinated.  A marvelous day!  Wednesday, I finished piecing, and quilted the mini Storm at Sea.  Thursday, I did go buy a quarter yard of purple batik for the binding for my quilt.  I got that bound - even stitched down on the back, so that one is finished!  I also pieced a backing from stash for the spring mystery from Cindy Carter's blog.  I got that quilted, binding made and on - still needs stitching down on the back.  My sewing came to an abrupt halt on Friday, as DD and the grandchildren are here.  Hard to spend time in the sewing room when the 4-year-old wants to know where you are and what you are doing all the time, LOL.

So, I had a productive week.  I did had another stash addition from last Sunday - we went to visit with my parents for Father's Day, and my mom gave me two more bolts of wide backing fabric.  Both of these are cream.  It is helpful not to have to piece backings for large quilts.

My numbers for the week:

In this week:                         13.75 yds (mostly the wide backing)
Used this week:                      2.06 yds

In YTD:                                70.29 yds
Out YTD:                             44.18 yds

Net for 2011:                        26.11 yds IN

Check with Judy at Patchwork Times to see how everyone else is doing this week.

6 comments:

Charlene S said...

Enjoy your grandchildren b/c they grow up faster than you can believe. Your mom's stash went down by 14 yards thanks to you so generously accepted fabric. That's how my DD thinks anyhow!

Kathie said...

Congrats on a very productive and sounds like fun week.

Kate said...

Sounds like a very busy week!

PJ said...

You had a good week. What fun to spend time with the grandkids.

Angie said...

That is awesome that you were able to get two new bolts of WIDE fabric - that is great!

Katie Z. said...

What an awesome week!