Thursday, June 16, 2011

Vacation!

I am now officially on vacation until the 27th!  I've been lazy this morning.  I got up at my usual time, then have been fooling around on the computer most of the morning.  I took advantage of a sale at thequiltingschool.com - buy 3 months membership, get 1 free.  They have a lot of online video lessons - including a lot of longarm lessons/shows by Pam Clarke, Linda Taylor, and others.  So I've spent part of the morning watching longarm videos.  I want to work on some different background fills, so I'm gathering ideas. 

I only have 1/2 of one side left on the binding of my Mexican Cross.  That will be on the to-do list today - to get that finished and make a label.  I don't usually bother with labels for my quilts, but this one is from a long-ago swap, and I want to include a label.  I may go to Madison to The Little Shop (another quilt shop) to see what they have that is interesting.  I want to get some animal fabric to make pillow cases for the grandchildren to remember the zoo trip.   I also want to find a jelly roll of bright spring prints to try the jelly roll 1600 method.  I'm thinking make the strips as a background, then applique big flowers to it. 

Lots to do today...

No comments: