Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Vacation - Day 2



It's been another great day at the beach. As it becomes evening, it's just about low tide. It has been cloudy, but in the 70's. Only a couple of small spells of drizzles.
We found a crab living in the front yard of the beach house - he comes out of his hole in the ground and looks around every once in a while, but if you move or make noise, he scurries back into his hole.


I've been sewing today. I've finished all 20 Snail's Trail blocks for the twin-size Shakespeare in the Park. I'm using Judy Martin's piecing directions - I haven't cut all the pieces individually for a pieced quilt in a long time. But this is going together SO smoothly! Everything fits and the finished blocks are very flat. I haven't yet measured to make sure they're really 12 1/2", but I'm confident, since the final round of pieces went on so easily. Now I have 18 large stars and 36 small stars to piece. Tomorrow's goal will be to finish the small stars, then Thursday's goal will be to make the large stars.

Last night I worked on the hand-quilting project I brought with me - a queen-size pieced album quilt. This has been in the works for several years, and doesn't come out very often. I actually enjoy hand quilting - I think I'll try to keep an hand quilting project going for sitting downstairs in the evenings. But once I finish this one, the project will probably be smaller.

No comments: