Saturday, October 31, 2009

Vacation - Day 6

Yesterday had sewing and knitting and reading....

This morning we tried a new restaurant for breakfast, Surfers, in Southport. It was very good.

I've done some reading - I'd like to finish this book to leave it for DS when we go.

We took a long walk on the beach after breakfast. It was right at low tide, and we found some pretty shells.

Today I plan to finish putting the large star blocks together for Shakespeare in the Park. I ran out of the smallest light triangles, so finishing the small stars will have to wait until we get home. I may decide to make this larger than twin-size, in which case I'll have to do more cutting and piecing before I can put it together. As soon as I get the large star blocks pieced, I plan to lay it out on the bed to get an idea of what it is going to look like. The other thing I want to try to accomplish today is to finish the first sock. I have about another inch or so before I start the toe.

No comments: