Sunday, October 18, 2009

Secret Santa shopping

This weekend is Tour de Quilt in central Virginia. My local quilt shop (Patchwork Plus, in Dayton) is participating. Because the end of the week at work was crazy, and this weekend is not really any different, I haven't been able to do the shop hop. But because it is shop hop, the LQS is open late (and on Sunday). I stopped by after leaving the football game and started collecting little things for the two different Secret Santa exchanges I'm in this year. Each one has different requirements, and I didn't have the rules with me, but I'll be creative in making the things I found fit the rules, LOL. In one, we are to put all of our gifties in a 6" to 8" decorative tin; for the other one, everything has to fit in a flat-rate envelope from the Post Office. So I was looking for flat things. I found a few to get me started. The items do not have to be quilt related, so I'll do most of my shopping just around and about. I'll probably finish while we're on vacation at the beach. (one more week - YAY)

The only quilting I've managed to do this week is cutting for the Shakespeare in the Park quilt I'm making along with a Yahoo group ( http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sitp/ ). Well, I'm sort of making this along with the group. I'm not following the weekly "assignments" but am enjoying seeing the different color combinations that are being worked on. Mine is in neutrals. I'm almost finished the cutting for a twin size. I just have to cut the squares in half for the smallest triangles and trim the corners. Then I can start stitching together. All of the pieces are in their Ziploc bags. I plan to take this project with me to the beach and do some sewing while I am there.




No comments: