Monday, October 26, 2009

Vacation - Day 1


Sleeping to the sound of the waves is very soothing.

We started the day with a walk on the beach. A flock of pelicans swooped by. Then there were terns - they wanted us to feed them, I think. And finally a group of little birds - don't know what they were - they kept running down behind the waves to get to something left behind by the water, then running up the beach when the next wave came in.

We've done some grocery shopping - dinner will be comfort food - meatloaf, baked potatoes, peas and corn.

We've decided we like this idea of renting a beach house as a vacation.

I've never been a "beach person" - mostly because I don't care for crowds, and I'm not fond of hot weather. Oh, and I sunburn too easily. But the beach in October is really nice.

I has been raining off and on all day, but that makes for an interesting view of the ocean. And for today, we've been content to just relax - a little bit of computer time, a little bit of reading, and probably some sewing before the day is out.

No comments: