Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Vacation - Day 3


It rained last night. The waves have been bigger all day today. This morning, there was foam all over the beach.

It was another sewing day for me. I finished all of the dark star/light background evening star blocks for my Shakespeare in the Park. Eighteen of them are part of the border, and the other 6 are the centers for the larger stars. I realized that I did not cut enough dark small squares to make up all of the light center/dark background stars, so went to the local quilt shop for some more darks.

Angelwing Needle Arts is in Southport, NC. They carry supplies for quilting, knitting, needlepoint and cross stitch. Lots of beautiful hand-dyed threads, and yarn of all types.
And beautiful hand-painted needlepoint canvases. In addition to getting several dark neutrals to be able to finish my piecing, I decided I really want to knit a pair of socks, so I bought a set of DP needles, a couple of sock patterns, and this beautiful yarn:

I've knit socks before, but don't tend to wear them very often. I'll have to get a pair of clogs to show off my hand-knit socks. I plan to start these tonight watching the baseball game with DH.

Tomorrow, we're going to take the ferry to Kure Beach, then in to Wilmington for some shopping with DS. I'll try to get a little more sewing done tomorrow evening.

Vacation is being just what we needed it to be - a time to relax and recharge.

No comments: