Friday, October 30, 2009

Vacation - Day 4



I'm posting yesterday's progress a little late. I finished the large dark squares for Shakespeare in the Park.

I also made a lot of progress on my first sock. I've finished turning the heel, and am getting ready to do the straight part of the foot.

Most of the day yesterday was spent on a trip to Wilmington. We took the ferry to Fort Fisher and went to the North Carolina Aquarium. What a neat place! The exhibits were centered on the types of aquatic life in the coastal regions of North Carolina. The albino alligator looked more like a plaster cast than a real alligator. If we get a chance to bring the grandchildren down for a visit, this will be a good activity for them. Lots of up-close-and-personal views of the fish.

Vacation is winding down now. Only two more days at the beach, then the drive home.

No comments: