Sunday, January 29, 2012

Stash report - week 5, 29 January 2012

A little more fabric out this week, and still nothing added.  I made binding for the QOV mystery on Friday, and got that stitched to the front of the quilt, ready for hand stitching down on the back.  Yesterday I prepared the backing for my moth wallhanging.  That's now loaded on the longarm.  I tried to start quilting, but was having problems with the bobbin thread breaking.  I need to investigate that some more.  I'm using machine embroidery thread for quilting;  I've done that before without problems, so need to check to see if I've developed a rough spot on the bobbin case, or if I have a warped bobbin.  Will need to spend some time troubleshooting today.

Stash numbers for the year:

Added this week:            0      yds
Used this week:              1.97 yds

Added for 2012:              0     yds
Used for 2012:                7.70 yds

Net for 2012:                  7.70 yds USED

Check with Judy at Patchwork Times to see how everyone else is doing this week.

5 comments:

Kathie said...

good luck with the trouble shooting.

DeeDee said...

It could be something as tiny as a piece of thread stuck in your bobbin case. I am sure you will find the problem and be quilting in no time. No fabric purchases for the month of January - Good job!

Kathy said...

Hope you find the problem with the thread issue and can be quilting up a storm in no time today.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Hope you find the problem quick. Great numbers on your stash report!

krisgray said...

GOOD LUCK! I had troubles quilting this week, too.